Retaining Walls in Norwalk
Do you need a retaining wall? If you’re trying to protect against erosion, you probably do. Zorro Landscaping Inc. enjoys providing clients with beautifully built walls that will last for years to come. We have many options available to our clients to cater to everyone’s unique taste. To learn more about what we do, look below.
Are Retaining Walls Necessary?
A retaining wall may be necessary depending on your home and yard. Generally, homes on steep inclined or with multi-level landscaping features will need a wall to protect against soil erosion. Think back over the last few months. Have you noticed excess damage or soil loss after a heavy rain? If so, you might be a great candidate for a retaining wall. If you still aren’t sure, feel free to call us so we can come take a quick look.
Are There Different Wall Types Available?
For your retaining wall, you’ll have to main options. However, your landscape design might require one or the other:
- Reinforced: These models require extra support to bear the full load of the soil behind it. For some wall options, we can use a special mesh called geogrid, which is simply laid during the wall installation process. Larger soil loads may require more support.
- Gravity: These walls rely simply on their own gravity to first the forces of erosion. Using its own weight, the wall will remain sturdy and push back against the soil pressure behind it.
Can You Choose the Materials for the Retaining Wall?
Of course, you can choose the material that fits best within your design and budget. You have the option of wood grains and stones, but each has its own pros and cons:
- Wood: This is your cheapest option and wood grains have wide variety. The natural look fits well in many outdoor settings. However, wood has a short life expectancy, especially with exposure to the elements. You may have to perform a high level of maintenance.
- Segmented Retaining Walls: Also known as SRW, these walls use cement blocks design to fit together. They are particularly suited to gravity walls, but they can be used for heavier loads with the help of geogrid.
- Mortared: As the name suggests, the materials are fused together to create an incredibly sturdy structure that is highly resistant to environmental damage.
Will Retaining Wall Construction Be Affordable?
We only give fair prices and we also do a thorough consultation before the start of every project. Before we begin, we will gather the following information:
- The height, width and length of the intended wall
- The surrounding soil type
- The approximate amount of pressure on the wall
- The general slope of the yard
Reach Out to Us Today
Are you ready to start your retaining wall project? Give us a call today and one of our professional team members will be happy to answer any questions you might have. If you fill out our quick contact form, we’ll get back to you with more information as soon as possible. When you’re ready, we’ll schedule your consultation for a time that works for you.